Monday, April 23, 2012

HOUSE NUMBER SIGN



WHAT YOU NEED:
-Wooden Board (craft store)
-Wooden Numbers ( got mine at the dollar store)
- Black and white Acrylic Paint ( dollar store)
-Acrylic sealer/ finisher ( craft store)
- 4 nails

So I was on the hunt for a number sign for the house. I needed a big one as no one could read my number that was there. While i was looking i found that they were very expensive. So i decided to make one Myself. The cost at the store was roughly $19 to $54. I spent a total of $4. But I already had the paints and the sealer.
Paint the numbers first. They may need 2 or 3 coats. And while they dry paint the board I did 2 coats on the board. After the numbers and the board is dry Nail the numbers on. After the number is nailed. Paint the nail heads white. After that is done spray 2 or 3 coats of sealer on to weather proof it. Finished. Frugal and beautiful.

No comments: